SYPT H-EUPEX high flexible couplings are for shaft connection of machines,they compensate for shaft misalignment,generating only low restorative forces.
The torque is conducted through elastomer flexibles, so the coupling has typically flexible rubber properties.
The flexible inserts of the H-EUPEX coupling are subjected to compression. If the flexible inserts are irreparably damaged, the hub parts come into contact with metal. This “emergency operation capability” is required, etc., in the case of fire pump drives.
The motor torque is transmitted to the hub at the drive end via the shaft-hub connection, which is mostly designed as a keyway connection. The torque is transmitted to the hub on the output side with the aid of elastomer flexible inserts. The hub on the output side further transmits the torque to the driven machine or a gear unit placed in between. Because of the primarily compressionloaded elastomer flexible inserts, the coupling has a progressive torsional stiffness.
Please contact us to learn more.
How Does a Gear Coupling Protect Connected Equipment from Shock Loads and Vibrations?
Gear couplings are designed to provide excellent protection to connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations, making them ideal for use in demanding and heavy-duty applications. The design and features of gear couplings that contribute to this protection include:
- Flexible and Rigid Elements: Gear couplings consist of two hubs with external gears that mesh together. Between these two hubs, there is a center sleeve with internal gear teeth. The center sleeve acts as a flexible element, while the outer hubs act as rigid elements. This combination allows the gear coupling to transmit torque while absorbing and dampening shock loads and vibrations.
- Misalignment Compensation: Gear couplings can accommodate angular, parallel, and axial misalignment between shafts. When the connected equipment experiences misalignment due to dynamic forces or shock loads, the gear coupling can flex and adjust to these changes, preventing excessive stress on the shafts and equipment.
- High Torsional Stiffness: Gear couplings offer high torsional stiffness, meaning they have minimal angular deflection under load. This stiffness helps maintain precise alignment and reduces the likelihood of damage to the connected equipment caused by misalignment-induced vibrations.
- Load Distribution: The toothed gear design of gear couplings ensures a large surface area of contact between the gears. This spreads the torque evenly across the gear teeth, resulting in a uniform distribution of load and reducing the concentration of stress on specific areas.
- Damping Characteristics: The flexible center sleeve in the gear coupling acts as a damping element that absorbs and dissipates vibrations, further protecting the connected equipment from harmful oscillations.
- High-Speed Balancing: Gear couplings are precisely balanced during manufacturing to minimize vibrations and ensure smooth operation even at high speeds. Proper balancing helps prevent resonances and reduces the impact of shock loads on the connected equipment.
By effectively absorbing and dampening shock loads and vibrations, gear couplings extend the life of the connected equipment and surrounding components, reduce maintenance requirements, and contribute to a more reliable and efficient mechanical system. However, it is essential to select the appropriate size and type of gear coupling based on the specific application and operating conditions to ensure optimal protection and performance.
editor by CX 2023-12-04